Monday 6 September 2010

Analysis Of Soap Opera Trailers

I have analysed 3 soap opera trailers and also a trailer that was made by last year's Year 13s. I have looked at and analysed these soaps to help me understand how my trailer should be and how the conventions should be used throughout my trailer, looking at these trailers has helped me understand how my trailer doesn't specifically have to be like a film trailer but instead it can have a quirky and individual style to introduce my soap opera, its characters and the story lines.
A particular convention i would like to use is by making use of the Male Gaze Theory to sexualize the female characters in my trailer in order to attract male audience members from Caetegory C1, C2, D and E. I would also like to include stereotypical characters such as: feisty female, jack the lad and power couple. This is so audience members in Category D and E can emphasize with the characters and by using verisimilitude i am enabling my Category D and E audience members.

Left: Mercedes McQueen, Hollyoaks
Centre: Sean Slater, Eastenders
Right: Charlene and Scott Robinson, Neighbours.




No comments:

Post a Comment